Hateful, Party of One

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

how quick everything changes

So this morning, my commentary was "So this is what its like to be drunk first thing in the morning." Now its god damn, how quick hangovers can appear out of nowhere.

Last evening, after my gym workout, I decided I'd be a good little nerd and head up to the NASPA conference, since GW was holding a reception and it was only one metro stop away. So I do that and I see Terrell Strayhorn, whom Lynn introduced me to at ASHE when I was up in Philly for their conference back in Novemeber. Well it turns out that his dissertation is right along with where mine is planning to go. So I saw him walking around the conference so I decided to do some actual networking and I reintroduced myself and told him my thoughts and he's going to help me data collection and the such. Yay me!

THen we go drinking.. of course we do. At some point over the next many hours I get drunk.... of course I do. Snippets of the evening. I tried to buy the entire bar a round of drinks. I met Loretta who was a wonderful woman who kept telling the bartender how she liked her drinks made. Some of Triple X's friends were there and they were fabulous. At some point, I bought some guy who was next to our group at the time we did Jager shots courtesy of Archie. His name was Richard and he was young and cute and I moved right on in for the kill. We got along well, but i think he was trying to hint that he was straight and not only did i not believe him (after all I have a thing for the conquest of straight men. But no one else in my group believed he was straight either. But I felt it was definately a change from standoffish Scott to confident outgoing Scott. He has my contact info, so we'll see if he'll use it. If he does, then he's gotta be a big 'mo.

Then here's the kicker story. I give Phil, who came to ESRI and sat in on my finance presentation, from upstate NY my address so he can crash there if he wants. But he disappears for along while and then apparently at 3 am he called and the message was "its phil. i'm at the front of your building." Where was I???? Passed out and didn't hear the phone ring... I feel horrible... I hope he's ok... actually I hope he went and found a girl to get laid, but I feel really bad and don't have his contact info to apologize.

Next drink: tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home