Hateful, Party of One

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Two posts in a day!!! You know this has to be good, right???

Some givens:
1. I am the king of internet stalking right now!!!!!!
this is proven based on the finding of a boy that I hit it off with at the bar last night. All i knew was teh following: his first name, where he was currently enrolled in school, the general location of his current abode, the state he lived in before... and I found him within an hour of looking.

2. So the details last night is that he showed up to the bar we were drinking at... it was attached to the hotel the conference was at and he sat next to my group as we were doing the traditional coobs Jager shot. He smiled at me, said something cute that made me smile that i no longer remember, etc. Then he ordered a beer and i told the bartender to put it on my tab. That started us talking around the loud group I was part of. So I eventually had to move closer and my group was cheering me on.

We hit it off just fine. We connected well. There was physical attraction going on, all that jazz. At one point, Triple X said to me that he expected me to get blown within two hours. It was great meeting someone and not having it go horribly wrong like all of my other meetings tend to do.

In finding him online, let me preface this with the guy looks gay in all of his pictures. THis isn't me saying this, but an unscientific study I conducted with friends and coworkers. 100% of those polled said he was gay based off the pictures. When I threw in more of the profile, mainly the part that he self-identified as straight, no one changed their opinion. But I'm willing to let an individual decide their orientation for themselves(at least for the sake of this argument).

The question then emerges is this: Why is it that I have such good connections with straight men? This guy isn't the first and I seem to hit it off better with them than gay men. Hmmmm I really need to work on 1.gaydar and 2. finding attractive gay men that I click with. What is it that I'm seeing in straight men (who at some point I always think are gay) that I'm not seeing in the gays????

Thoughts?