Hateful, Party of One

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Alcohol, meet liver; liver, alcohol

NOw that introductions have been officially been made, I was good the past couple days... Apparently I still have some will power, albeit not as much as I used to. Friday, I broke down after being sufficiently bitch to David and agreed to meet him for afterwork drinks. We go to Halo for a few drinks, the lightweight he is gets trashed on three drinks. But we ran into Paul and Rick James from the medical school, friends of Anthony. And the look on their face is "who is this boy that scott is dating?" WHy is it that married ladies always have to assume that us single ladies is with a gentleman caller when we show our face in public with someone else????" I need to get this cleared up, that if they have cute, single, possible future bfs that I'm not losing an introduction because they think I'm dating someone I'm clearly not. After drinks, David stumbles, while I walk to Dakota Cowgirl, which just isn't the same without it being called Hamburger MAry's. We get sat near the bar and there are these two old queens, well one was a queen at least. One guy, the macho one if you will was watching the George Mason (congrats btw) basketball game and not talking to the other one. The other one was short and skinny, except this huge gut, but very very creepy, in leather pants who thinks he's in some dance club.... At some point, I asked David to tell him not to do that dance move again because we were eating. As we leave, these three guys cross Rhode Island Ave and stand right behind us. let's say they didn't look like the most reputable gentleman in existence already. But then one busts out with "faggots." "you like sucking cock dontcha?" "You like cum going down throat." WHich led to differing opinions. I thought we were about to get gay bashed and was preparing to take off to the closest inhabited building. David thought they wanted some action and was writing down his phone number for them... j/k... at least about the second part

Saturday was a light day- Owen was in town keeping Miles company, since he was in the hospital this past week. We went to see Thank you For Smoking. No drinking, but I sure missed you Al Cohol.

Sunday, I had to finish a paper for class and I was trying to redidcate myself to my diet, so I skipped brunch then showed up at Jury's hotel and found that brunch had been a more extended affair than i though. Ben, Taylor, Nick's boyfriend, Nick's boyfriend's ex boyfriend (which i found wierd, but no one else did) etc etc. I even went shopping for new underwear to wear out. Later on Adam (who i am still relatively new at meeting and his coterie) stopped in as well. Then we went to JR's and let's just say at some point, I started playing drunk so I can pretend that the guy who tried to make out with me didn't and I wont have to have that awkward conversation. But I remained mostly sober, at least enough to revise my paper when I went home to watch Desperate Housewives.

BTW: Did anyone watch West Wing???? What happened??????