Hateful, Party of One

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

weekend update (only one day late)

We'll go back to THursday since I took Friday off and thus the weekend began on THursday. On Thursday, we had a mini-Brew Crew event and T-fab, Andriano, and Saroj showed up to JR's. It was good seeing them. They asked about the blog and wanted to know if they had been mentioned yet. And I didnt realize it at the time, but the real reason they hadn't been mentioned was because this was the second time i've hung out with them all semester. And in true form... right as the girls left Andriano was like I have to go. I guess I really do creep that boy out. To be honest, when he walked in and no one else had shown, I half expected him to turn around and walk back out. Oh well, I can't lose sleep over what other people think about me. After that group left, I moved in to the group with poo-dell, Twin Sister's wife, and the rest of the Mean Girls. Shortly thereafter we took a tour of the sleeziest gay bars in the circle, the Fireplace and then Omega. Both were dead, but somehow still creepy. Was home by 11 and no hangover.

On Friday, I found out I have Irish Heritage. Yes, there's good reason for me to not have known that prior to know, other than the alcholism killing off braincells. BUt the story is much too long to put in here. And sadly, I spent the night in.... I will have to work on the Irish thing.

Saturday. Went to a trendy new restaurant in Silver Spring for Alec's birthday called Gallery. Food was good. Ambience was AWESOME. However, it was kind of dead. I expect that will turn around eventually. They sent us a free bottle of champaigne for our group. very nice. And I am such a nice guy. I have this "friend" who we've not been soo close in a long time (like close to the entiretly of our relationship) and he's a painter. BUt I was nice enough to get the owner's contact info when we were talking to him as he said he wanted to have an artshow type thing in his restaurant. So how nice am i????? He doesn't deserve it to be honest.

Sunday: We threw a baby shower brunch for Amanda. WE tried at Trio's first but it was way busy and no chance for us to get a place. But this guy behind us kept trying to push his way past us and be like "we only have four people." Sit us now.. etc etc... Umm asswipe we have a pregnant woman... we win. And of course Amanda's face was classic when these kids got gum out of the gumball machine and they dropped them and then put them in their mouths still..ahhahah good times. But the next restaurant, which is where Peppers used to be was horribly bad. La something or other... don't go there.

School update: I now have a chair for my dissertation. Dr. Walter Brown said yes today. I'm moving forward. He also gave me some hints for the upcoming Quals and told me I shouldn't be nervous about it.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home